Motivate Kids to attend the online classes
- Motivate kids to attend the online classes with the same spirit as he/she attends the school.
- Explain the importance of online classes to the child and why this is the best option for their safety.
- Do not overstress your child.
- Talk to them about the current situation regarding the pandemic and the basic safety measures.
- Ensure the child has taken a bath, had breakfast and is ready for online classes in proper school uniform / neat dress.
- For younger kids, parents, please arrange all the material required for each class (Books, worksheets, pencils etc. before the class.
- Student must be trained to understand the importance of the class and how to pay attention.
Create a Daily Schedule for Students
- Create a Daily Schedule / Timetable for the child from Rising to Sleep, incorporating the school's online class schedules.
- Keep the schedule for ready reference near the study area.
- Doing things by following a set routine as a practice can cultivate discipline as a habit.
- A schedule helps kids be disciplined and help build their confidence in the long run.
- Parents, please help children practice following a fixed schedule, like in school, even though they are home.
Create a proper Learning Ambiance for Online Learning
- A dedicated place to attend live class and study will help children improve their concentration and focus on teaching.
- Provide a well-lit, dedicated place for the child to attend classes online without noise and other distractions (Noise of siblings, TV, Pets, Road etc.)
- Arrange a stable broadband/internet connectivity to enable a smooth teaching-learning session.
- Parents can also ensure this space is visible to keep a check if their children need any help.
- If possible, it is advised to attend the class from a laptop/computer, else use Tab / Mobile.
- If attending on mobile, please make sure that the 'Do Not Disturb' Feature is active while the online class is going on.
- Please make sure students are maintaining a correct sitting posture while attending the session.
Respect & Safety
- Parents, kindly don't intervene while the teacher is facilitating the online class and interacting with kids.
- Please inform the class teacher/subject teacher if unable to attend the online class via message, phone calls or via the School Parent Portal / School Parent Apps
- Parents, please dress up neatly if coming on camera during online interactions or sitting along with kids.
- Parents, please monitor your ward frequently during the online classes & ensure they are using the device for classes only.
- Never share the username and password of your child with others.
- Most Important: All activities performed in Microsoft Teams or any Online Learning Platforms, like sign-in, calls, meetings, chats, messages, file uploads etc., are traceable if required. Please advise kids to use this platform only for the intended purpose.
- Please try to understand the hardship of teachers, and the school's management and the pressure they handle.
- Please do everything as a parent to support the school and teachers. They are also facing a lot of personal and other issues during this pandemic, as you are.
- The internet is wild with no limitations, so please ensure you have taken all precautions to protect your children from cybercrimes and cyberbullying.